Wednesday, April 14, 2010

True Life: I live in a Terror Zone

The person that stood out to me the most was the 25 years old teacher Yoni. He was born in the U.S. but moved to Israel. He lives close to other Arab villages, but he is not scared. He actually is willing to live where he resides now. This is a way of him showing how the Israelis aren't going to run out of the country because of the Arab's attacks. This stood out to me. I also picked him because his mom was murdered from one of the Arab attacks. I could imagine how he would feel and he has the right to want revenge against them. However, if everyone sought for revenge then the world would be much worse than it is now. As I was hearing about his life, I really felt bad for him. He lost his mom, couldn't be in the army when he wanted to, and lived a life he didn't want to live. It was usually the Palestinians complaining, but I noticed how bad it was personally for Yoni living through his emotions.
My life compared to the teenagers in Israel were very different. The Palestinian teenagers lacked so many rights. They were forced to stay inside, couldn't travel easily, couldn't receive I.D.s, and were treated so much worse than a regular Israeli would be treated. The Israelis had similar rights as I did. They were able to travel freely and could go outside whenever they felt like. However they always had the risk of getting killed by a random attack.

1 comment:

  1. I agreed that my life was very different as well. I also said that I realized how fortunate I live not to live in conditions like that where bloodshed is constant, and people are always losing friends and family. The person I chose was Najeeb, the guy who moved to the United States. If I were in that position, I would try and move to the United States as fast as I could.

    ReplyDelete