Friday, April 23, 2010

War against Afghanistan

I wrote my whole paper on this issue, but even as I was writing it, I started to doubt what I had written. I wrote that the Taliban and the al-Qaeda groups would be eliminated, but it's really hard to see that happening. From the information I gathered, the U.S. forces had been affecting the terrorist groups. However, I think even if the U.S. forces were to kill all of the Taliban and al-Qaeda members, they would just rise back again. In the video one of the commentators said that the U.S. hasn't realized in 25 years that Afghanistan people aren't going to listen to what the U.S. wants to do and will do what they want to do in their own way. Any group can rise up again to fill the spots that the terrorist groups left and create their own terrorist groups. The U.S. may think they won the war in Afghanistan after we defeat the Taliban and al-Qaeda, but in the end, other groups are going to step up and perform terroristic activities in their place. Therefore I don't think the war can be won in Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment